Benefits of Medicine’s User Reviews
A Medicines User Review is a free NHS service offered by many pharmacies including Pearl Chemist Group. Our Medicines User Review service offers a private consultation where we can meet a patient to discuss their medication. This is an opportunity to ask any questions and understand why certain medicines have been prescribed and how they should be stored.
How does medication user review benefit patients?
There are lots of advantages to this free and confidential service and these includes:-
- an opportunity to ask questions about different medications and why they have been prescribed
- A chance to gain a greater understanding of how certain medicines work
- A review provides a forum to discuss side effects and the long term use of certain drugs
- The patient may feel that certain medicines are no longer necessary in which case the pharmacist can signpost them back to their GP
- Patients recently discharged from hospital can find a medication usage review helpful to understand the new medicines they have been prescribed
- Certain medicines may no longer be necessary or the dosage might need adjusting – a medication usage review is a perfect opportunity to discuss this with the pharmacist who can then refer the patient back to their GP
- The patient can receive information about the correct storage of medicines – this is particularly important in a high-risk medicine’s user review.
Anyone can arrange a medication usage review, you don’t have to be a long term medication patient although most people who take advantage of the service usually have chronic conditions and have been prescribed certain medicines for a long time. The pharmacist will complete a form called the Medicine Review Action Plan so there is a record of what has been discussed and a copy of this will be sent to your GP to be added to your medical record.
Take advantage of Pearl Chemist Groups’ free Medicines User Review service where you can ask any questions and discuss your concerns in complete confidence. Our website explains more about it, visit https://www.pearlchemistgroup.co.uk/