What Does Good Sexual Health Look Like?
Good sexual health is all about being aware and getting tested. Getting tested for STDs – Sexually Transmitted Diseases – isn’t about shame or stigma and embarrassment, it is about proactively staying safe and looking after your sexual health as part of a range of measures you can take to care for yourself in the same way as you look after other aspects of your health. For testing and more information about sexual health, visit our sexual health services in Wandsworth.
Good sexual health relies on several things:
- Understand the facts about sexual health – don’t rely on myths or rumours. Safe sexual experiences are based on a concrete understanding of where the risks lie.
- Always use condoms to protect against STIs and unwanted pregnancy, buy condoms from reputable sources and learn how to both store and use them correctly
- Have regular testing. This is about looking after yourself in the same way that going to the dentist isn’t an admission of bad teeth but just good preventative health care
- Understand how you should respond to problems such as an untested partner or a condom break
- Know the main sexually transmitted diseases and what their signs and symptoms are. Some of these are symptomless which is why testing is so important
Sexual health services don’t just provide testing but a range of up-to-date non-judgemental information about how to manage your sexual health and the importance of sexual health for both you and your partner.
There is a level of stigma and embarrassment about sexual health, particularly amongst young people in the age range of 18-24 which account for over half of all sexually transmitted disease in the UK. But safe sexual experiences are important at any age. Rely on your local sexual health services for advice and testing to proactively stay safe and help when things have gone wrong.
We offer sexual health services in Wandsworth with all the help, guidance and advice you need from non-judgemental and qualified healthcare professionals. Take control of your sexual health. Our website explains more https://www.pearlchemistgroup.co.uk/