For Travel: To Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate?
In a country that is relatively free of serious diseases, it is easy to be brazen about having vaccinations before you travel abroad, but not all parts of the world have the same disease-free status as the UK for illnesses like measles. Plus, there may be specific diseases which you probably should be vaccinated against depending on where you intend to travel to. If you are looking for the latest advice and guidance about vaccinations then visit our travel clinic in Kingston upon Thames. Pearl Chemist Group also has a travel clinic in Tooting.
There exists a lot of information online about the required vaccinations for travel and some people rely on high street favourites like Boots for advice about their travel vaccinations.
What kind of information can a chemist or pharmacist provide you with before you travel:
- A pharmacist can provide information about the importance of certain travel vaccinations in the country you are travelling to
- You can discuss risks like measles, which is endemic in certain parts of the world, and whether you need the MMR vaccination
- Pharmacists can offer practical advice on staying safe from diseases like malaria and typhoid even if you have been vaccinated
- You can discuss pre-existing health conditions with the pharmacist which may affect your decision to vaccinate or may need to be taken into account if you have vaccinations
- A pharmacy can help you manage medicines and medical equipment if you are travelling with certain illnesses or diseases
Vaccination is a very individual choice based on an assessment of the location, the time spend there, the nature of the visit and any pre-existing health conditions that you may have. Your past vaccination history can also be relevant.
If you are not sure about the requirement to vaccinate or the importance of vaccination in the country you are visiting, then contact Pearl Chemist group for more information and advice. We offer comprehensive travel clinics in Kingston upon Thames and in Tooting where you can discuss all your health concerns with a professional, experienced pharmacist. There is more information on our website. https://www.pearlchemistgroup.co.uk/