10 Ways to Motivate Yourself Towards Weight Loss
Finding the right motivation to lose weight is never easy, especially in the winter months when a glass of wine or a sweet treat is a far more tempting prospect than going to the gym or going for a run. You may not know but pharmacies can help you with weight loss motivation and Pearl Chemist Group offers a weight management service in the pharmacy. This weight management service is available in Tooting and we also have an adult weight management service in Tolworth.
How to Get Motivated to Exercise?
Weight loss motivation is very challenging- it’s alright when you are up and running and feel better about yourself but getting started is the biggest obstacle for most people.
Motivation is complex and varies from person to person but there are some common principles that apply across the board.
- Determine why you want to lose weight
- Have realistic expectations – you won’t lose weight as quickly if you are middle-aged as you may have done when you were in your 20s and 30s
- Focus on realistic goals
- Pick a plan that fits your lifestyle
- Keep a weight loss journal
- Celebrate your successes…perhaps not with cake!
- Find social support, so buddy up with friends or join a group
- Make a commitment
- Work out your weak spots or danger times – the motivation to exercise and not to reach for that sweet treat decrease as the day goes on
- Pick something you will look forward to wearing again and hang it up on the front of the wardrobe
It is worth spending time understanding the psychology of weight loss as this can help target focus on well-proven techniques and avoid some of the common pitfalls which serial dieters fall into. There are almost endless weight-loss motivation tips, it’s about finding the ones that work for you.
Contact Pearl Chemist Group and learn more about our pharmacy weight management service. We offer a weight management service in Tooting and an adult weight management service in Tolworth. You can rely on safe and professional advice from your pharmacist, visit our website to find out more www.pearlchemistgroup.co.uk