This information will never be shared with anyone except under the circumstances described below:
The information held about you will not be shared for any reason, unless:
- You ask us to do so;
- We ask and you give us specific permission;
- We are required by law;
- We are permitted by law, for example where public interest overrides the need to keep the information confidential.
The types of people we may ask you for permission to share information with include your doctors (GP and hospital) and other health professionals such as nurses.
Anyone who receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep this information strictly confidential.
- You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply).
- We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidentiality and the Data Protection Act and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional Code of Ethics to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
- All PCG staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
- Our guiding principle is that we hold your records in strict confidence.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of all pharmacy records about you. Please ask staff for details. There may be a charge for this.
All our pharmacies have a private consultation area where the pharmacist can offer you advice and information on personal issues and everything you discuss will be treated with the upmost confidentiality.
If you have anything you would like to discuss in private please ask a member of staff.