Medicines Use Reviews (MUR) is a free NHS service to discuss how you are getting on with your medicines. It provides the opportunity for you to meet privately with your pharmacist to talk about:
- The medicines you are taking
- What they do
- How well they work for you
- How to get the most out of them
The meeting also helps pick up any problems you might be having with your medicines as well as improve its effectiveness.
How you may be offered a review
Our pharmacist might invite you for a review either in person or in a letter through the post. You can also ask your pharmacist for a review, however to qualify, you will have needed to be a customer of a nominated PCG Pharmacy for at least 3 months.
Is a MUR for you?
You can ask for a medicines use review if:
- You are regularly taking more than one prescription medicine
- You are taking medicines for a long term illness (like asthma, arthritis, diabetes or epilepsy
- Our pharmacist will be happy to arrange a review meeting, and may even suggest it. Your doctor or nurse might also suggest that a review would be helpful.
Should you not fall into any of these groups, worry not, you can ask a PCG Pharmacist for advice anytime.
What you can expect in the review meeting?
- Our pharmacists have undergone special training and have been assessed to make sure they have the right knowledge and skills to provide this service.
- The meeting is confidential.
- We have private consultation rooms in our pharmacies where you sit down together with the pharmacist to ensure complete privacy and no eavesdropping
- Your details and your discussion will be kept private. You can talk openly and your questions or worries will be listened to. Only you and your GP will normally receive a record of the meeting.
- We will be ready to hear your concerns and your questions. You can be open with us and say whatever you want in these meetings.
To find your nearest Pearl Chemist Group pharmacy click here