We have many patients across our group who unfortunately need to take a lot of different medications at different times of the day. This can sometimes create confusion for patients and carers with difficult of keeping up with what medication to take when.
Our Monitored Dosage System helps you to stay on top of your medication routine without the worrying of taking the wrong pill at the wrong tie.
What is a Monitored Dosage System?
A Monitored Dosage System is a method of dispensing your medication so we can help you keep track of what to take and when to take it. Your medication is put inside a special tray which has labelled compartments by days of the week.
Who could Benefit?
- Patients taking large quantities of different medication.
- Patients who find it hard to remember what to take and when to take it.
- Patients with restricted use of their hands, for example those suffering with arthritis, Parkinson’s Disease or M.S.
- Patients who have complex medicine regimes meaning they have to take different medications on different days.
- Patients who are partially sighted.
What Will The Pharmacy Do?
Once we have received a prescription from your Doctor, we will pack the medication into a Monitored Dosage System and label appropriately. This will be supplied to the patient on a weekly basis or as specified by the prescriber.
Pearl Chemist Group also offers Pharmacy services to local residential and nursing homes which includes delivering Monitored Dosage Systems and giving advice on using, storing and disposing of medicines safely.